Relationships and collaborations with industry are central to the National Graphene Institute (NGI) and the Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre (GEIC). Some of the world’s biggest and most influential companies are working with The University of Manchester on graphene applications.
These collaborations offer our industrial partners the opportunity to work alongside our world-leading academics and 300 researchers.
More than 80 companies to date from all over the world have chosen to partner with The University of Manchester to make their graphene ideas a reality. We continue to receive many enquiries from large and small companies to work with us and we want to see how we might collaborate to take those ideas and interests into projects and then products and applications.
With the formation of the GEIC, in addition to the existing range of research projects and collaborations, we now offer a number of tailored partnerships for organisations that wish to have either a short or a deeper and more prolonged engagement than traditional short-term contracts might provide:
We anticipate that T1 partners are likely to be larger SMEs and multinationals with technology/product/process/service interests that span multiple application domains.
The benefits of being a Tier 1 partner include:
- Participation in and contribution to an Industrial Advisory Board;
- Access to all the GEIC’s specialist Domain Labs;
- Access to all the facilities and resources within each laboratory, including fully maintained state of the art test, development and characterisation equipment appropriate for each domain;
- Access to highly experienced and knowledgeable Applications Specialists, each with significant skills, expertise and experience within a Domain, and thus able to help accelerate product/process development and market entry;
- Access to world leading academics working at the forefront of research;
- Priority access to shared facilities, including our conference and meeting rooms.
Contact us for more information.
T2 partners will typically be smaller SMEs but also divisions of multinationals with interests in a single application domain for a single or narrow range of products/services.
The benefits of being a GEIC T2 partner include:
- Access to one of the GEIC’s specialist Application Labs (selected by a Partner to best suit their specific product/process interests);
- Access to all the facilities and resources within the selected lab, including fully maintained state of the art test, development and characterisation equipment appropriate for each application domain;
- Access to highly experienced and knowledgeable Applications Specialists with significant skills, expertise and experience within an application domain, and who are thus able to help accelerate product/process development and market entry;
- Access to world leading academics within the specific application domain;
- Preferential access to shared facilities, including conference and training rooms;
- Benefit from the thriving community of business engagement and support services (our Affiliate partners), co-located within the GEIC;
- Opportunities to meet new partners and customers within the GEIC.
Contact us for more information.
Affiliate partnerships are suitable for any service company that can create value for the next generation of products and processes emerging from the GEIC. Typical companies might include: business support and enabling services, such as lawyers, accountants, IP specialists, web designers, marketing, business development, entrepreneurs, mentors, supporting engineers (eg mechanical, software, electronic, CAD, modelling etc), product designers etc.
The benefits of being an Affiliate Partner include:
- Be part of a thriving community of research and commercialisation activities in the heart of Graphene City;
- Business opportunities for partnerships, engagements and collaborations with the GEIC’s user community;
- Opportunity to host seminars/workshops for other tenants and partner companies engaged in Graphene commercialisation;
- Embedded with early stage, high growth companies developing new products and processes with 2D materials;
- Open plan desk space (with superfast WiFi access);
- Use of shared conference, training rooms and other facilities.
Be part of the growth and success of Graphene City, at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse. Contact us for more information.