A new understanding of the physics of conductive materials has been uncovered by scientists observing the unusual movement of electrons in graphene.
We want to partner with visionary companies to bring graphene products to the market. Where better to develop future applications than at the home of graphene – The University of Manchester.
In Manchester we have a seamless transition from graphene's fundamental properties to applications.
Professor Rob Dryfe
Our world-class expertise and facilities can help businesses create incredible applications. While some projects will be long-term investments, graphene also has the potential to be implemented immediately. Long-term or short term, it's all possible here in Manchester.
- Circa £1m/year over 3-5 years.
- 2-3 collaborative projects of significant size.
- Dedicated lab space within the NGI.
- Circa £150k-£500k/year over 2-5 years.
- Collaborative project of varying size.
- Company to provide resource and have lab space in NGI.
- Circa £50k-100k/year over 1-3 years.
- Smaller collaborative project.
- Use of NGI capability
- Sponsored PhD
- “Quick-look” project
Tell us how we can work with your business to bring your graphene ideas to reality.